Friday, September 01, 2006

Whats wrong with Dissent?

As I flip through my Saturday morning newspaper or when I change the channel on my television set, I can't seem to get away from them. Is it just me, or are liberals hijacking every aspect of our culture? They have infiltrated Hollywood, have infiltrated the media, and now they are telling me how I am to think. I've had enough! I'm cancelling my globe and mail subscription and I've reduced my cable subcription to Fox News. I'm tired of the spin, and the voice of just a few.

What is so wrong with disagreeing with gay marriage? What is wrong with being pro-life? What is so wrong with cherishing my traditional family? What is wrong with attending my true Christian church that helps me lead an accountable life? Christians have been demonized and vilified for far too long and I am taking a stand for my Christian world view.

As a young Christian man, it is my duty to become a light on the hill and become like salt to help preserve and flavour the culture of our time. Our world needs a little more dissent and it is my goal to do just that.